Hire the Best DUI and Criminal Defense Team in California
At BH&G, we understand that this is a difficult time for you. We want to help. The firm cares about what happens to you, and thinks of your case as our case. You can call us at any time, knowing that the firm will be there for you. You can trust that the lawyers at BH&G will always strive for the best possible outcome for you.
Donald Bartell, a founding partner, has been practicing DUI defense for over 32 years. In that time, Don has won many cases for clients just like you. Don's partner, Lara Gressley, has been practicing law for nearly 15 years. Don and Lara work as a team on every case. Listed below are just some of their accomplishments.
- Won many Not Guilty verdicts for their clients, have gotten several cases dismissed, and have resolved serious felony DUI matters (including DUI death cases) with little or no jail time.
- Won a significant amount of DMV hearings, saving numerous clients from driver's license suspensions.
- Wrote the leading book in the nation on the practice of DUI law, Attacking and Defending Drunk Driving Tests. Lara is a contributing author.
- Don is the former two-time elected President of the California DUI Lawyers Association, and has served on the Board of Directors for several years. Don routinely lectures lawyers on DUI defense, and Lara is a recurring speaker as well.
- Don and Lara have led efforts to change DUI laws in California, and to defend against violations of federal constitutional rights perpetrated on those prosecuted for DUI. Don and Lara recently won a Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus due to a federal constitutional violation. The case was then dismissed.
- Don and Lara drafted a DUI law enacted in 2012 that makes it possible for those with second offenses to get a restricted license after conviction for a wet reckless in court.
- Don co-argued the two leading DUI cases in California, both in the Court of Appeal and in the California Supreme Court. Don and Lara work on nearly all of the major DUI appellate cases in California.
- Don has also instructed for the National College for DUI Defense, teaching trial skills to lawyers from New York to San Diego.
- Don and Lara have successfully defended many criminal non-DUI cases as well. Please see the About Our Firm page for a list of the type of criminal defense cases that BH&G regularly handle. You can also find a list of BH&G victories in these types of cases on the Case Results page.
Don values the team approach and works on each and every case with his partner, 15-year lawyer Lara Gressley. You will not find that approach at any other firm.
BH&G encourages you to ask other lawyers about the firm's reputation. Please also visit the Case Results page to see some of the results the firm has obtained for clients just like you.
The DMV Hearing
The DMV hearing is one of the most important events after arrest or citation for an alcohol related driving offense. You must act quickly to obtain a hearing. In most instances, you only have 10 days from the date of arrest or detention to request a hearing. Contact us to find out why the DMV hearing plays a much larger role in your case than you may think. We can share with you how DMV hearings have helped us win the cases in court.
The Most Experienced Firm in Riverside County
The lawyers of Bartell, Hensel & Gressley have a combined experience of nearly 80 years. We have spent most of their careers in criminal defense and DUI defense. That means no matter what happens in your case, BH&G is prepared to be successful.
We are not just local lawyers
At Bartell, Hensel & Gressley, we have successfully defended cases in Northern California, Central California, as well as in all of Southern California. No matter where you have to go to court, or where your DMV hearing is being held, we have been there and know how to handle your case. We welcome clients from all over California.